CNC Router Bits
Have no idea what to get, that's ok! Here is a rough guide to get you going. Before purchasing, be sure to read the Adam's Tips to make sure you are on the right track.
- Pine/ Hardwood/ MDF
- 2 flute up cut is more than fine to use but there are better suited cutters out there. Up cut does create a burr so it's OK to use when that is not an issue.
- down cut go to for pocketing/ engraving. If cutting through, it will burr the bottom of your material.
- compression (up/down cut) creates a flawless top and bottom finish.
- straight cut is the happy medium for both profile and through cutting. These do not pull up or down and leave a decent finish. They will not last as long as other cutters due to is't geometry.
- Laminates (Plywood)
- Aluminium Composite Material / Panel (ACM / ACP)
- 1 flute down cut. A down cut pushes the layers down rather than ripping up but still leaves a flawless bottom finish.
- 1 flute up cut for aluminium. The results are still great but the top will have an ever so slight undesirable edge.
- Cast Acrylic / HDPE/ 2 ply colour ABS
- Aluminium/ brass /non ferrous
- 3D profiling